Choosing replacement windows can be confusing.
With all the brands and so-called deals out there, it’s easy to get confused. With insulation options, accessories, different materials, and a variety of styles to choose from, you need to start with a company you can trust – one with the reputation, experience, and patience to help guide you through the process. Here are some tips for choosing the right window (and the right company.)
4 Tips for Choosing Replacement Windows:
1. What style and price point best suit my home and budget?
2. How important is energy efficiency to me?
3. Do I want the freedom of maintenance-free vinyl, or do I prefer wood?
4. What are the warranties? Does the company provide ongoing service, as needed?
4 Tips for Choosing a Window Company:
1. What is the company’s reputation? Have they been in business long? Are they licensed and insured? Check third-party review sites, like Angie’s List, for company ratings.
2. Can I trust this guy? Don’t fall for “deals.” Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. With all the ads promising low payments, very low cost windows, and other false claims, there may be something to worry about.
3. Do I have options? Don’t work with a company that offers only one window brand. These companies often employ highly trained salespeople who will pressure you and cloud your judgement. Stick with a company that gives you options and the freedom of choice.
4. Does the company ask for money before the work is complete? We believe you shouldn’t pay any money before your project is successfully completed. That’s how we do business.
Click the audio link below to hear Tom talking replacement windows with WPRO’s Matt Allen.